Design & Technology
About Our Studio
Moniker is an Amsterdam based design studio founded in 2012 by Luna Maurer, Jonathan Puckey and Roel Wouters. With Moniker, which means nickname or pseudonym, we work on commissioned design projects while also investing in projects of an autonomous and experimental nature.
The studio works across various media for a diverse range of clients ranging from those in the cultural field to commercial companies.
With our projects, we explore the social effects of technology - how we use technology and how it influences our daily lives. Often, we ask the public to take part in the development of our projects. The resulting projects expand and grow like plants, displaying their inner organisational process.
Moniker specializes in interactive, print, video, physical installation and performance work.
Tweede Leeghwaterstraat 7m
1018 RA Amsterdam
For enquiries please contact our office manager Eve Dullaart: firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected Clients, Commissions & CollectionsAOLNTRzZzCoBoLIAFW139SKORVPROCASCOSTEIMDesign&De BalieHot ChipCAZZUIDASPupkin FilmMetropolis Mhet KlokhuisDe PaviljoensSNS REAAL FundNew York TimesEsquire MagazineArti et AmicitiaeEye Film InstituteSandberg InstituteUnity TechnologiesLondon Design MuseumPiet Zwart InstituteSundance film festivalBritish Film InstituteDutch Cultural media FundThe Netherlands Film FundStedelijk Museum AmsterdamGraphic Design Museum BredaStedelijk Museum de LakenhalGraphic Design Festival ChaumontNetherlands Media Art Institute (NIMk)
Selected Exhibitions & Presentations
- United We Work, Stroom, Den Haag, NL (Current)
- Spectacle: The Music Video, Museum of the Moving Image, New York, US (Current)
- Lecture, Insights 2013 Design Lecture Series, Walker Art Centre, Minneapolis, US.
- Graphic Happiness, 100 years of Dutch graphic design, selected institutes in Guangzhou, Shanghai, Beijing, Chengdu, CN. (Current and upcoming)
- Lecture, Yale School of Art, New Haven, US
- Graphic Happiness, 100 years of Dutch graphic design, University of Art Museum, Nanjing, CN
- Yes we’re Open, Netherlands Media Art Institute, Amsterdam, NL
- International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam, IDFA.tv, Amsterdam, NL
- Spectacle: The Music Video, Contemporary Arts Center (CAC), Ohio, US
- Lecture, Toffie Pop Culture Conference and festival, Kaapstad, SA
- Lecture, It’s Nice That, London, UK
- Lecture, Ecole Cantonale d’Art de Lausanne (ECAL), Lausanne, CH
- White Noise, When Graphics Make the Noise, 23e Festival International de L’Affiche et du Graphisme de Chaumont, Chaumont, FR
- Graphic Design: Now in Production, Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, US
- Lecture, Studium Generale, St. Joost, Breda, NL
- Redundancy, ExperimentaDesign 2011, Lisbon, PT
- Lecture, Launch Graphic Magazine, Amsterdam, NL
- Follow The Rules Before You Use The Pool, Index Festival, New York City, US
- Connecting the Past and the Future, Graphic Design Museum, Breda, NL